Wireless woes (was: no subject)

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 13:44:17 UTC 2006

> After inserting the D-Link card you should probably
> run a quick 'ifconfig ath0'
> to see if you have a new network-interface - the
> 'ath' driver is a generic part
> of the generic kernel,....

I am fairly certain that ath is not in the GENERIC
kernel; however,
>      ... so if you havn't done any
> changes to your local kernel
> you should not need to 'kldload if_ath' (to load the
> appropriate kernel module).
    ... manually loading the kernel module that way
will work. If the test is successful, add the module
load line to /boot/loader.conf with:

if_ath_load="YES"

======
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are truth, and his ways are justice; and he is able to bring low those who walk in pride.
Daniel 4:37