Wireless woes (was: no subject)

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Thu Apr 27 06:28:59 UTC 2006

Jeff Rollin wrote:
> Whoops! Sorry for the lack of a subject in the last post, folks. ;-)

>> Can anyone help with this, please?

After inserting the D-Link card you should probably run a quick 'ifconfig ath0'
to see if you have a new network-interface - the 'ath' driver is a generic part
of the generic kernel, so if you havn't done any changes to your local kernel
you should not need to 'kldload if_ath' (to load the appropriate kernel module).

I have the same pc-card, but I did a bit off kernel-modding, so I manually load
the 'ath' module ... I'm running an IBM R51 with the build in Intel2200 ('iwi'),
but the Atheros chipset of the DWL-650 is more flexible and better supported for
certain things.

--

Gregers Petersen