(no subject)

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 04:38:35 UTC 2006

Hi all.

I have been having trouble trying to get a Cardbus wireless NIC working in
FreeBSD. The card is a D-Link DWL-650, which has been tested and found to
work in XP and SUSE on the same laptop, and XP on another. The laptop in
question is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A 1650. It is my understanding that
FreeBSD 6.0 supports PCMCIA/Cardbus out of the box, yet installing the card
in a running FreeBSD 6 system on said laptop doesn't even cause any of the
status lights to flicker. Nor are any messages printed to the console
regarding the insertion or removal of the card (Yes, I enabled pccard_enable
in rc.conf ;-) )

Can anyone help with this, please?