6.0-REL && iwi && wistumbler2

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Sat Apr 8 20:04:43 UTC 2006

guru at Sisis.de wrote:

> but the tool 'wistumbler2' does not see anything; is it somehow broken?

It is the simple problem that wistumbler2 only works with Prism based (wi
driver) chipsets -> It is my impression that a (very) few people have made the
.app work with Atheros chipsets, but I'm not able to figure out how :-(

You offen find the same problem when it comes to various .app's for the
monitoring of 'signal strenght' (via a gui)-> the only functional solution I
have found until now is to use 'ifconfig iwi0 scan' ..... just as you did ..

Gregers Petersen