Atheros ad-hoc driver bug status?

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Wed Apr 5 08:53:38 UTC 2006

P C wrote:
> Is the Atheros chipset driver bug in ad-hoc mode currently being worked on?  (the bug being extremely slow transfer in 2.4GHz ad-hoc 802.11g using Atheros chipset on freeBSD).  I was hoping to set up an OLSR mesh network, and from what I've read that requires ad-hoc mode.
> Thank you,-pc

In as much as OLSR mainly is running on Linux based systems - especially when it
comes to routers, variants such as OpenWrt or Freifunk Firmware - there might be
some of a delay in development/bugfixing ... but I know that the various Atheros
chipsets are being targeted due to an increased interest in a-standard baed
networks.

Did you already try to install the OLSRd on your laptop or are you just
attempting to connect via ad-hoc mode ?

Gregers Petersen