Gnome + Cdrom + Wifi on IBM ThinkPad T43 ?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Oct 3 14:24:45 PDT 2005

> Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:35:48 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Brian <kansascity_guy2005 at yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> I can't get my Intel X220 b/g card to work. Also my cdrom does not
> show up in Gnome. I also a IBM ThinkPad a/b/g wifi pcmci slot card
> would that work?

Brian,

Standard information required: What version of FreeBSD? If current or
stable, when was the system loaded? What drivers are you loading? (Could
be ndis or iwi plus pci and wlan. wlan_* depending on encryption models
used.)

Without that, it's hard to have much of an idea. The iwi has been a bit
less stable than would be hoped, but it does work for quite a few
people. ndis is not too well documented, but it should work. A pretty
good list of instructions (for a different card) were posted earlier
today with a subject of -NDIS wlan driver trouble, 6.0Beta5, Dell D610,
Broadcom 4320 miniPCI.  Those should get you going in the right
direction should you want to try ndis.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)