IBM T43 acpi troubles w/ suspend

Stefan `Sec` Zehl sec at freebsd-mobile.lists.sec.42.org
Sat Nov 26 03:28:31 GMT 2005

Hi,

I recently got a new Thinkpad T43, and tried to get FreeBSD running.

Unfortunately no form of suspend seems to work.  Can anyone help out?

If I suspend to S3 with "acpiconf -s 3", it seems to suspend to ram
fine, but on resume I get a screen filled with

| ioapic_suspend: not implemented!

and two lines of

| acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR

at the bottom.

I also tried S4bios with "sysctl hw.acpi.s4bios=1;acpiconf -s 4".  But
there even suspend doesn't work

Which turns the screen completely black, keeps the fan running, and the
moon-shaped "suspend" LED keeps blinking. Nothing happens (for at least
10 Minutes) until I turn off the Laptop hard.

I am not running X, a GENERIC kernel with 6.0-STABLE as of yesterday.

In my loader.conf I have added:
| cpufreq_load="YES"
| acpi_ibm_load="YES"
| acpi_video_load="YES"
| hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"
| vesa_load="YES"

But suspend doesn't work without them.

A dmesg output and an acpidump output are available at:

http://sec.42.org/t43/

CU,
    Sec
--
I apologise for the length of this message - Must've booted with the
-vvv switch this morning ...