acpi problem with compaq nx9105 [was: no subject]

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Fri May 27 06:38:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 05:30:17PM +0300, veysel wrote:
> hi....i have a compaq nx9105 laptop....but i can not install freebsd releases...(4.9,4.10 and 5.3) when starting of configuration (boot) , giving a problem about ACPI and machine is shut down. i used to try different releases but i could not install ....please help me...as soon as ...yours sinceraly

hi

a few tips:

1) send mails with a meaningful subject. it makes it easier to find
   relevant messages in the archives and the chance that people
   answer your question rises dramatically
2) wrap the lines in your mails at ~72 characters. it makes the mail
   easier to read and therefore increases your chance of getting an
   answer
3) if you get an error, put it in your mail. that way, people actually
   have a chance to help you
4) always try with the latest release (5.4) before asking. your problem
   may be solved already

cheers, t.