USB card readers

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Mar 28 10:38:41 PST 2005

On 22 Mar 2005 at 20:21, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> This gives me the opportunity to comment on the "16 in 1 Cardreader USB
> 2.0" made by SilverCrest (http://www.mysilvercrest.de/)
>
> I got this cardreader really cheap, but I don't know if I can recommend
> it. The reason? It only works if the card is already inserted when you
> attach the reader to an usb connector. Inserting and removing cards
> while the card reader is attached has no effect.

I have similar results with the "USB 2.0 Flash Card Reader" by
StarTech.com.  It works if the cards are in the device before the
device is attached to the laptop.  Inserting and/or removing cards
while attached to the laptop does not generate any /var/log/messages
entries.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/