Working Cisco 350 Mini PCI card

Marius M. Rex marius at mail.communityconnect.com
Thu Mar 10 15:46:26 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 15:07 -0800, Alexei Yakimovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody have working Cisco 350 Mini PCI card on FreeBSD 5.3 and up?
> If does:
> 1. What firmware version?
> 2. What driver: an or ndis? If ndis, what version and where can I grab it?
>
> My environment:
> - FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE and 5.3-p5.
> - ThinkPad T40 2373-75U.
> - firmware 5.30 and 5.60
> - an and ndis 3.9.16
>
> The most I have is 3 successful pings. After that I'm loosing connection ( I
> see 'time out' messages).
> It was on 5.3-p5 with 5.30 firmware and an0.
> I have successfully built latest ndis driver but I got something like
> (SIO180...) when I'm trying to bring if up.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexei

I have been using the 'an' device throughout the 5.x series with good
results.  I am at at 5.3-Stable on my Thinkpad T30 right now.

I am guessing your issue would be the firmware.  I had to downgrade my
firmware to get things working well.  I am current at 5.00.01.  I have
heard that slightly newer firmware versions also work, but having
anything too new will cause you problems in my experience.  5.00.01 is
still available on the Cisco site, I would suggest downgrading unless
someone gives you a better idea.

--
Marius M. Rex <marius at mail.communityconnect.com>
Community Connect Inc.