Using VESA to restore display settings on resume

Jochen Gensch incmc at gmx.de
Sun Mar 6 03:10:12 PST 2005

Kevin Oberman wrote:

> What version of X and what version of FreeBSD are you running? Which
> Radeon are you using? Are you running DRI?

X = Yorg 6.8.1
FreeBSD = 6.0-CURRENT, built on March 3.
Radeon Mobility M6

Tried it with "Load dri" in xorg.conf and without. It seems to work,
when I don't load it. But only one time and further, even then only when
I'm at the KDE Login Screen. Once I loged in, it doesn't work any more.

> I need to put both:
> hw.acpi.reset_video=0
> hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
> into /etc/sysctl.conf to make this work.

I know these, doesn't fix it completely.

Jochen