Out of battery indicator.

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Mar 5 16:17:16 PST 2005

Mark A-J. Raught (from the laptop) wrote:

> Josef Karthauser wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a solution to running out of battery using ACPI (5.3?).
>> I keep forgetting to plug in my power supply and the machine dies rather
>> suddenly without beeping or giving me any warning that it was out of
>> battery.
>>
>> Any ideas?  I would have thought that this was an O/S task rather than a
>> third party app task.
>>
>> Joe
>

> I use apm so my solution is in /etc/apmd.conf but for ACPI I think you
> need to look at /etc/devd.conf and the cmbat stuff... I'm not sure of
> the details, but maybe this can point you in the right direction.

Last time I asked the FreeBSD-KDE folks about the KDE-powermanagement
stuff, I was told it was  broken and being worked on...
I don't run FreeBSD yet/anymore on my ACPI-cabable laptop and didn't
watch the progress in this area, so I'd say best is to ask again.

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~