FreeBSD 5.x on IBM 760EL

Rob Pollock rob.pollock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 00:44:39 PST 2005

Hi all,

I noticed a number of posts with people not being able to get CardBus support
with FreeBSD 5.x on laptops with the TI-1130 chipset (at least not
during the boot
process).

My laptop doesn't support ACPI, and when you try to boot the installer program,
there is no PCMCIA or CardBus support.  Thus, networking (and
subsequently installing, for a CD-ROM-less machine) is disabled.

I am currently using FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE.  I have tried to install
5.x a number of times, and run into the same problem.

Perusing the freebsd-mobile archive, I found a recent reference, so it
looks like it's
still an issue.

Thread [Re: PCCard bus don't work]
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=41766+44775+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-mobile/20050116.freebsd-mobile

I would very much like this resolved so that I am not "locked out" of
future upgrade
paths on my very old machine.

(yes, i know, I'm cheap...)

Thanks,