6.0-current on my notebook

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Jun 27 16:34:20 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook E8010.
I've installed the 004-snapshot and updated it to -current last night.
It works OK (it doesn't panic), sort of, but:

I can't suspend-to-disk or suspend-to-RAM - it will just freeze, with a
black screen (working from the console).

Also, as I have a SXGA+ screen, I can't get a 1440x1050 resolution (just
1280x1024).
I used the i855vidctl tool, but that didn't make a difference - the xorg
just seemed to ignore the settings.

Without all that, I'll have to get back to using SuSE (or try FC4),
because while SuSE9.2 didn't do ACPI S3/S4 either, at least the
i855vidctl-tool worked there and I got the  full SXGA+ resolution.

This is basically the same situation as of 5.3

Additionally, there seemed to be a problem loading the firmware onto the
iwi0 controller:

ipwcontrol -i iwi0 -f /usr/local/share/ipw-firmware/ipw2100-1.3.fw
ipwcontrol: Can't load /usr/local/share/ipw-firmware/ipw2100-1.3.fw to
driver: Bad address

Does anybody have any ideas how to solve these problems?

cheers,
Rainer