iwi.sh script modified for DHCP auto load in FreeBSD-5.4-RELENG-p2

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Thu Jun 23 20:24:42 GMT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:25:13 +0100
Hanno Krusken <lr101fc at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm a lazy guy, and don't want to call iwicontrol all the time...

Apparently too lazy to read docs or google.
You're waisting your time.
All you need to do is to create /etc/start_if.iwi0 with your iwicontrol commands and define IP, ssid, etc of iwi0 in /etc/rc.conf

> So I installed the "iwi-firmware-2.3_1" from the ports collection
> /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware" in FreeBSD-5.4-RELENG-p2, for a INTEL
> pro-2915abg miniPCI card.
>
> the trick is, to load the:
> miibus_load="YES" and the
> if_iwi_load="YES" command
> in "/boot/loader.conf" under NETWORK DEVICES !
> this way the:
> "if_iwi.ko" is loaded right from the begining !

Heh, you make it sound like it was a secretly hidden door to the holy grail.

> the "/etc/rc.conf" need the entries:
> iwi_enable="YES
> iwi_interfaces="iwi0"

This does not make sense since your script has : ${iwi_interfaces="iwi0"}

> iwi_mod_iwi0="bss"
>
> after that my modified:
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/iwi.sh dose the rest ;o)
>
> after every boot, the intel pro 2915abg get associated automaticly to
> any open wireless network !

Good, what if you want to stick to only one ssid?