NDISulator problem

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Tue Jun 21 12:45:27 GMT 2005

Bryan Maynard wrote:
> I followed the steps listed <a
> href="http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ndis.txt">here</a> and got this message
> when
> compiling the ndis code (step 2):
>
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis

this is a warning. not an error. i think it is not relevant to your problem.

> Everything seems to compile and install fine except for that error. I
> complete
> the rest of the steps and try to kldload ndis and if_ndis. However, once
> I load
> ndis I get this:
>
> kldload: can't load if_ndis:File exists

you might want to try kldload -v if_ndis and watch the end of
/var/log/messages. iirc the "file exists" error is thrown on a variety
of problems, not only if the module is already loaded and the hint to
the real cause is in /var/log/messages.

> Also, I can't ifconfig the ndis0 device because I get an error telling
> me it
> doesn't exist.

this seems consistens with what you describe above since the device is
created when if_ndis is loaded, not when ndis.

regarding the rest of your problems: i don't have clue, either.

regards,

phil.