Suspend/Resume not working on thinkpad T42

David Scheidt dscheidt at panix.com
Fri Jun 17 17:26:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:44:53AM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> I had the same problem when my R50e was suspended with the iwi module loaded.
> The laptop did not respond even though it seemed to resume.
> When I suspended my laptop without the module I could resume it just fine from X and back to X.
> Try to disable some of your devices and suspend your laptop.
> Maybe my notes on R50e can help as well:
> http://www.yazzy.org/configs/freebsd/thinkpad/

Stoping dhclient on iwi0, downing the interface, and unloading if_iwi
in /etc/rc.suspend (and doing the reverse in rc.resume) seems to make
resume work.  Is closing the lid (with hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3, of
course) supposed to call rc.suspend?  It doesn't seem to be. It's not
a big deal, as I can get devd to do the right thing, I think.