Linksys WPC11 ver.4

Chris Buechler cbuechler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:51:58 GMT 2005

On 6/12/05, Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard at reallm.com> wrote:
> Hey, I have a Linksys WPC11 ver.4 and haven't been able to get it to work. I've
> checked out the FreeBSD compatibility website under laptops. It looks like
> people have getten ver. 3 to work.
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to get this card to work with my system. I have
> 5.4.

WPC11 versions prior to ver.4 were a different chipset that is
natively supported.  But, I have been able to use the NDISulator to
use the ver.4 card in my 5.4 laptop.  It's worked great for me for
several months.  I documented how to configure it here:
http://buechler.blogspot.com/2005/04/freebsd-ndisulator.html

Regards,
-Chris