Laptop suggestions please

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Thu Jun 2 05:16:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:03:32PM +0200, Espen Tagestad wrote:
> Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> >For those laptops, someone provide patches to the DSDT which happens
> >to be a generic workaround for OS that do not support yet the acpi smbus
> >interface to the EC (and therefore the smart batteries behind this
> >smbus).
> >
> >See
> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbs-linux
> >for more information
>
> Do you mean that you'll only have to get the right DSDT to get it
> working?

yes.

> Isn't the DSDT generated on basis of each laptops acpi
> implementation?

Indeed, but from the README into the sbs-cm-20050328:

  *) Acer Extensa 3002WLMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4000LMi [c]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4000WLMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4001LMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4001WLMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4002LMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4502LMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 4502WLMi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 2303LCi [c]
  *) Acer TravelMate 3201XCi [w]
  *) Acer TravelMate 3202XCi [w]

'w' mean its working (under Linux, but I dont see why this will not work
under any other OS supporting ACPI control method batteries as FreeBSD),
'c' mean its patch correctly the ASL, but have not been tested.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.