What wireless card to buy to setup AP on FreeBSD 4

cwidger c.widger at comcast.net
Sun Oct 17 13:40:59 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am getting very insecure about the suported chipset by the wi driver.

I was planning to setup a AP (access point) but till now i cant get my

hands on a working wireless card that is supported. I even though that

once i was lucky that i found a Linksys wmp11 but also linksys dont use

the prism chip anymore.

My general questions are:

- What card is still supported by wi?

- is there a good way to make a non suported card work anyway?

Grt,

Tibart

You could go on e-bay and get an older card. I got a Linksys wpc11 ver.3
for $20. It works in AP mode, I just had to load the right firmware. You
could also try a Wireless user group in your area. Someone might trade a
card you already have for the card you need.