stolen laptop

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Fri May 21 17:04:15 PDT 2004

"Dan Langille" <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> This I can confirm.  My insurance broker said car insurance covers
> only that which is normally afixed to the car (e.g. radio).
> Everything else is household.

     Just be careful if you've made claims in the past.  Some companies
will drop you if you make "too many claims" (and, IIRC, there have been
horror stories of people being dropped for making two claims in eight
(8) years).  Some insurance companies also supposedly share claim
information with each other, so that they can track people and houses
(yes, houses -- some companies will supposedly refuse to insure an house
that's had too many claims made upon it, even if the claims were made by
previous owners).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com