IrDA on IBM R40

Victor Gregorio victor at opsource.net
Thu May 20 15:52:08 PDT 2004

Hello folks,

I'm getting an odd error with pilot-xfer and am wondering if anyone has
encountered a similar problem.  I am running birda-1.00_2 and
pilot-link-0.11.8_3 on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p5.  The Palm device is a Sony Clie.

$ irs -c -e -y /dev/ptyqf -d /dev/cuaa1 -v 1
participating in discovery
discovered IrCOMM, address=68e52a46, hints=PDA, IrCOMM
participating in discovery
discovered IrCOMM, address=68e52a46, hints=PDA, IrCOMM
accepting connection
115200 baud
reset
LAP disconnected

## The "Connected" below does not happen until the "reset" above...

$ pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyqf --list

    Listening to port: /dev/ttyqf

    Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

    Error read system info on /dev/ttyqf

Any suggestions on where to look for answers next?  I have been Googling
  for clues, but have yet to find any definitive answers.

My attempts to get gnomepilot2 working with /dev/ttyqf has also failed.

Thanks,

Victor