FreeBSD on Sony or Dell? Or stick with Toshiba?

Toxa postfix at sendmail.ru
Thu May 20 10:27:05 PDT 2004

Hello Jonathon,

JM> :  freebsd and sony's acpi aren't good friends today

JM> So Dell is about the best bet then?  As far as full laptop capability?

sorry, I know nothing about Dell laptops (maybe it's really full capable of
freebsd support), but if you want to know about Sony, well, I can say  in my vaio
pcg-v505bx suspend to RAM doesn't working and it hasn't acpi4bios
feature. Also, it has problems with acpi_video, but it's not so
important due to spic driver based lid control utilities like sjog.
IMHO, if you want to have suspend support, you'd better
choose laptop with acpi4bios feature, because I heard many successfull
stories with acpi4bios suspending.

--
Best regards,
 Toxa                            mailto:postfix at sendmail.ru