FreeBSD on Sony or Dell? Or stick with Toshiba?

hans haig at sylac.de
Mon May 17 12:33:35 PDT 2004

sorry for the late answer,

> What driver version did you use? Once I managed to send and receive 3
> Pings. In all the other cases nothing went accross the air or my kernel
> even crashed. So far I've tried 3 or 4 different Windows Drivers and was
> following Project Evil regularly.

I used the original xp drivers shipping with the machine, as there are
'w70n51.sys' and 'W70N51.INF'. in case of need I mail them to you.

> But Damien's ipw driver workes (mostly, no WEP yet) fine here.
>
>> the description about this machine on
>> http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops is outdated.
>
> -v, as I'm the author of that info.

you did a good job in the first place with your description.
nevertheless the machine now works just fine with current.
( despite neglectable nonsense, especially the sound can be
conveniently ignored )

hans