Laptop ACPI question

Markie mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 1 13:30:07 PDT 2004

Hello,

Just a quick question... would having ACPI working on a laptop increase
battery life at all? I just left it sat idle without ACPI and it got to an
hour and 30 minutes... I went to start xchat and it just switched off
straight away after it started loading :o) if I leave it doing `cat
/dev/random > /dev/null` it only lasts 45 minutes :o(

I am just wondering if it's a naffed battery... or... there's something a
bit wrong with the laptop or... I just need ACPI? I don't really know what
ACPI does, so.... :o)

Thanks!