PCMCIA slots not working

Pierrick Brossin pbrossin at swissgeeks.com
Tue Mar 23 08:44:41 PST 2004

Hi!

I had issues lately with PCMCIA slots on 5.2.1.
I was trying every day to buildkernel in the hope that it would work.
Today I see that dmesg doesn't complain about IRQ and stuff. It just
says it found pcmcia slots:

cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6912/6972 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 8.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0

sounds good huh ?

Now when I try to insert a PCMCIA card it doesn't say anything.
Tried to put pccard_enable="YES" in rc.conf and run pccardd but it says:
"fatal error: no PC-CARD slots"

Any idea?

Regards

-Pierrick Brossin
http://www.swissgeeks.com

The weird thing about compiling world on -CURRENT is
that sources are obsolete before it ends (Copyright me)