Problem using Ndisulator - cannot configure Linksys WMP54g wireless

Александр Смирнов alex at cis-nt.ru
Wed Mar 17 20:34:04 PST 2004

> Hello!
> This is my first post on the list, so please do not kick me too hard :)
> Playing with Ndisulator (Project Evil), found that my 1000Base-t Dlink
> DGE-510T card
> worked perfectly using supplied windows drivers. Thanks Bill Paul!
> But I still cannot get to work my WMP54G wireless pci card.
> In WindowsXP it works very well, but I couldn't configure it right in
> FreeBSD.
> if_ndis loads, ndis0 interface comes up, but I cannot change ssid or
> channel using ifconfig of
> using sysctl. I used drivers from Linksys and Dell with same result.
> So, does anybody have like problem, or, maybe, solution?
 Hello!
Bill Paul answered me, and adviced some magic words for ifconfig.
Exactly, he says:

# ifconfig ndis0 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 ssid myssid media autoselect
up  // for infrastructure mode
# ifconfig ndis0 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 ssid myssid mediaopt adhoc up
// for adhoc mode

Works great!
Thank You for your attention!
Alexander Smirnoff