ACPI & pcmcia problem

tl3i at tiscali.it tl3i at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 14 15:41:16 PST 2004

Hi, I have the same controller, and I had the same problem.
At first I remarked that disabling acpi all goes right, but acpi on a laptop
is quite essential :D

I solved dumping the DSDT table, correcting this and so recompiling; look
for acpidump and iasl tools.
So I put in loader.conf to load my DSDT.aml file (acpi_DSDT etc...) and
now it's ok.

My laptop is a gericom advance 1400, have you a similar machine?

Emmanuel Richiardone

: Hi,
:
: I'm experiencing the problem of acpi which is disabling the pcmcia
: support...
: Here is my dmesg :
: cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6912/6972 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 8.0 on pci0
: cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
: pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
: pcib0: _PRS resource entry has unsupported type 2
: cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
: device_probe_and_attach: cbb0 attach returned 12
:
: Is there a way to do it works (without disabling ACPI) ?
: --
: Alexandre Ahmim-Richard
: passe at clope.net
: http://www.u-admin.org