5.2.1 on Thinkpad X31

Jonas Lindgren jonas at wickweb.se
Sat Mar 13 04:18:19 PST 2004

Hello!

I've got som problems installing the lataste 5.2.1-RELEASE of FreeBSD on
my new Thinkpad X31. I'm not very familiar with FreeBSD, but I thought
I'd give it a shot. I've previously succesfully installed Debian
GNU/Linux on the machine, and that works just fine.

The problem is that the system freezes when I'm trying to complete the
installation. The problem sometimes come up under the actual booting of
the kernel, and sometimes when the install has started (FTP) so I don't
realy get a clue of what might be wrong. I've tried to boot in verbose
mode, and one time I got this message:

Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
instruction pointer	= 0x8 :0xc051b458
stack pointer		= 0x10 :0xcde2ecc0
frame pointer		= 0x10 :0xcde2ecc0
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
precessor eflags	= interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
current process		= 22 (irq11: cbb0 cbb1++*)
trap number		= 18
panic: integer divide fault
cpuid = 0;

I'm istalling using the miniinstall ISO from an USB CD-Rom, if that
gives you guys any leads.

Hope you can help me!

Regars / Jonas Lindgren