Dell TrueMobile 1300 replacement

Patrick Hurrelmann outi at outi.echsi.de
Fri Mar 12 02:00:08 PST 2004

Simon Dick wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 14:50, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>>Matthew Bettinger wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>We recently purchased some Dell Latitude D505 and D600 laptops at
>>>work which will be used for freebsd 4.9.  They came with the Dell
>>>TrueMobile 1300 minipci card which has very little support all
>>>around and will need to be replaced.
>>>
>>>What is a tried and true,  without fail,  decent card
>>>(pcmcia or mini-pci) that you would recommend as a replacement?
>>>
>>>I've been reading the FAQ and the an and wi man pages but I still
>>>feel a little apprehensive about purchasing new cards for these
>>>boxes without some list-serv feedback.
>>>
>>>I was leaning towards the cisco aironet 352...
>>>
>>>The minimum criteria for the cards is support 802.11b and support
>>>128bit wep.
>>
>>I have a D600, and I've been using an Atheros 5212 based mini-pci
>>wireless card.  It supports 802.11a/b/g.  I run FreeBSD 5.2.1-CURRENT,
>>but it would work well for you on 5.2.1-RELEASE.  The name of the card
>>was "Netegriti" I believe, and I think I found them on Ebay, and then
>>purchased directly from the company's website.
>

> I just bought one of these from www.discountechnology.com and it's
> working nicely here so far too (if anyone in the UK wants a working wi
> compat mini pci card, let me know ;)

Hi again,

i think i will put all information i got on getting a dell truemobile
1300 work together and make a howto on use with project-evil. but as i'm
really new to bsd and unix in general. (~ 2 month) don't expect too much.
i will first have a look on how to get ndis working on 5.2.1 release, as
i'm running fine with current.
i'll see how much time the weekend will leave over for this...

but i'll let you know.

patrick