Dell TrueMobile 1300 replacement

Matthew Bettinger mbettinger at championelevators.com
Thu Mar 11 06:45:09 PST 2004

Hello,

We recently purchased some Dell Latitude D505 and D600 laptops at
work which will be used for freebsd 4.9.  They came with the Dell
TrueMobile 1300 minipci card which has very little support all
around and will need to be replaced.

What is a tried and true,  without fail,  decent card
(pcmcia or mini-pci) that you would recommend as a replacement?

I've been reading the FAQ and the an and wi man pages but I still
feel a little apprehensive about purchasing new cards for these
boxes without some list-serv feedback.

I was leaning towards the cisco aironet 352...

The minimum criteria for the cards is support 802.11b and support
128bit wep.

Thank you.

re,

Matthew Bettinger