PowerNow in mobile AthlonXP

antic_eye info at antic-eye.de
Thu Mar 11 00:17:17 PST 2004

Hi there,

I googled all the web for a solution, so I hope you could help me. I
have a PackardBell Laptop with a mobile athlon xp inside. I installed
FreeBSD 5.2.1 3 weeks ago and everything works fine. Even the screen
flickering under x I fixed (it lasts me one week :o)).

My problem is, that I dont know how to trottle the cpu frequency. Linux
has the cpufreqd. Is there anything appropriate in BSD? ACPI is up and
running (expect the StandBy mode - it doesn't work)

Hope you can help me,

Sven