intel 2100 wireless on thinkpads

Bob Bishop rb at gid.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 22:45:45 PST 2004

Hi,

At 23:33 10/03/2004, David Coder wrote:

>two problems with freebsd on the thinkpad t40:
>
>1.  there appears to be no freebsd driver in any release for the intel
>wireless lan 2100 3b mini pci adapter.

Project Evil works with this adapter (on my T41 at least). It's a work in
progress on -current, but you can retrofit it to 5.x releases. See
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2188523+2195355+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-current/20040125.freebsd-current
and followups.

>2.  the intel gigabit chip that the t40 appears to work with the em driver
>(in my frustrating experience, anyway) only in 4.8 & 4.9, and then only
>with some coaxing, whereas no amount of tweaking seems to help with 5.x.

hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1" in /boot/loader.conf, like someone
already said.

--
Bob Bishop		    +44 (0)118 977 4017
rb at gid.co.uk		fax +44 (0)118 989 4254