install problems on Dell CPi with 3com 3c589d

Kirill Bezzubets kirill at solaris.ru
Thu Jun 24 02:19:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:08:04PM -0600, jake-freebsd wrote:

> Still no luck.  I've also tried an ADMTek USB ethernet adaptor (supported
> by cue) with no luck.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Any
> suggestions?

AFAIK, there's a problem with installation via ethernet since 4.8-RELEASE.
I have had the same notebook with the same 3C589D with no luck at all.

That time I've installed 4.7-RELEASE and then CVSup to 4.8.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN
CTO / Head Of N.O.C.                            mailto:kirill at solaris.ru
Solaris ISP & Telecommunications Co. Ltd        http://www.solaris.ru