weak signal

Richard Letts richard at illuin.org
Sat Feb 21 23:34:05 PST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Neil Camara wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am using Netgear MA311 PCI card on FreeBSD as my access point. It's down
> in my basement. I am only getting 2 bars in my workstation situated in 1st
> floor. Is there a way to make the signal much more stronger?

I picked up an external Omnidirection antenna from Frys last weekend for
my MA311 for about $30. I think it was a SMC or LynkSys, either way it
sits on top of my freeBSD box instead of burried in the tangle of wires at
the back and I get quite a lot more signal to the tivo box, and our
laptops.

/RjL