Story aabout wi weird errors

Richard Letts richard-freebsd at illuin.org
Fri Feb 20 09:56:28 PST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> And it's very stable even with 104 (128) bit WEP encryption in
> infrastructure mode (haven't tried hostAP or ad-hoc).

> Well, if you were experiencing that in Windows XP too, then I'd say it's a
> firmware issue.
WinXP is his client, not the machine with the MA311 card in it.

the issue appears to be in the WEP module for the MA311 running in hostAP
mode. I'm seeing the same issue on my FreeBSD hostap machine that is also
running WEP/128 -- I don't have windows running anywhere other than the
laptops, so I've not the option of upgrading the firmware (I'm installing
linux on a laptop with the aim of building a boot-floppy with the right
filesystem drivers and hostap installation to allow it to be used to burn
vew versions of firmware. will probbaly happen sometime in may)

/RjL