wi0 wi_seek timeout

Neil Camara neil-on-mobile at restricted.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 18 19:54:04 PST 2004

Hey guys,

I bought Netgear MA311 at BestBuy. I connected it to my FreeBSD 4.9 STABLE
and wi0 was detected. I'm actually using it now. The machine is an HP Vectra
VL machine. It has a non-2.2 PCI slot.

Here is the info:
wi0: <Intersil Prism2.5> mem 0xfedfd000-0xfedfdfff irq 12 at device 14.0 on
pci0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:09:5b:67:81:77
wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3874A(Mini-PCI)
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.00.07, Station 1.03.06

Although, I have noticed on my Windows XP that within a minute, I get 5 to 7
disconnects. I mean, on the taskbar, it shows a bubble displaying "network
unavailable". Then after few seconds, it shows another bubble saying signal
strenght Excellent and sometimes Very Good.

I visited my /var/log/messages on my FreeBSD and found out this string:

Feb 18 21:39:25 buko /kernel: wi0: timeout in wi_seek to 14b/3c; last status
403c

How do I verify my firmware?
How do I upgrade my firmware?

Any help will be appreciated.