wireless card recommendation

Bob Bishop rb at gid.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 04:39:37 PST 2004

Hi,

At 08:00 18/2/04, Neil Camara wrote:
>Hey guys,
>I've given up with troubleshooting my Dlink DWL-520 wireless card. I would
>like to seek advice from you guys of what wireless 802.11b card will you
>recommend for a not so new motherboard? Looks like mine now is not a PCI 2.2.

Netgear MA311. PCI, Prism 2.5 chipset, I've got two running for some time
as APs with firmware 1.1.1/1.5.6. It claims PCI 2.2 but one is on a 5 yr
old motherboard (Tyan Trinity 100AT with the dreaded VIA MVP3 chipset)
which is probably pre-PCI 2.1

3Com 3CRDW696 (also Prism 2.5) looks like a very similar proposition but I
don't have much experience with that yet.

--
Bob Bishop		    +44 (0)118 977 4017
rb at gid.co.uk		fax +44 (0)118 989 4254