[pir@pir.net: wi HostAP problems with -stable]

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Sun Feb 15 22:44:38 PST 2004

Peter Radcliffe <pir at pir.net> probably said:
>   wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3874A(Mini-PCI)
>   wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.07.04

> Any hints ? Bad firmware rev for hostap ?

Indeed, bad firmware rev for hostap. 1.5.6 is the most recent I can
find that works. Seems to work reasonably well as a base station
(using it now). Did they change hostap stuff between 1/5/6 and 1.7.2 ?

I tried the client at 1.5.6 and was seeing performace issues - jittery
connections intermittant bad ping times - so took the client up to;

  wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.08.00

That with the DELAY(1); patch seems to be stable and happy.

> Also, is there any way to go back from hostap to BSS mode other than
> rebooting ?

and I'm still looking for a way to swap modes. ifconfig mediaopt really
doesn't want to let me.

P.

--
pir