Card phone that works with GPRS

Massimiliano Stucchi max at willystudios.com
Thu Feb 5 06:51:30 PST 2004

On 05 Feb 2004 10:58:35 +0100
Christian Laursen <xi at borderworlds.dk> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Does anyone know if there exists a card phone that is available in
> Northern Europe (Denmark) and works with GPRS under FreeBSD 5.x?

I've had experience with Motorola's v66 and v66i (I have both of them).
I found a USB cable to connect them to my laptop, and was a bit
scheptical at the beginning. Then I found out that they are identified
as ucom0 and work perfectly with ppp. I also know of many nokia models
which work out of the box with serial cables. Just make a simple search
on ebay and you'll find them.

If you want my ppp configuration for GPRS, contact me privately.

Greetings
--

Stucchi Massimiliano     | Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia
WillyStudios.com         | http://www.gufi.org
stucchi at willystudios.com | max at gufi.org
"People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything"