corega FEtherII PCC-TXD

Colin Peters colinp at mx3.canvas.ne.jp
Mon Dec 13 07:27:16 PST 2004

Hi. Thanks for responding.

M. Warner Losh wrote:

>: Now I will try to figure out where these functions are called and why
>: the flags are cleared between them. Perhaps it would be better to call
>: match again at the beginning of probe (or use a similar approach to
>: determine the device type at probe time)?
>
>You aren't allowed to set flags in the probe routine.  Look things up
>again in the attach routine...  You'll be a lot happier.
>
>Warner

After a little more looking at the docs that's what I ended up thinking
should be done. I'm not exactly sure I'll be able to do it (the ed probe
routine seems to mix probing and initialization), but I'll give it a try
in the near-ish future.

I think I may have quite a few questions if I start trying to do this
right instead of just doing whatever gets my card working.

Colin.