Intel PRO/100 CardBus II

Gunnarsson, Mikael Mikael.Gunnarsson at octapharma.se
Fri Apr 30 04:41:42 PDT 2004

> >The other way around I think.. the Intel TypeIII cards are rebranded
> Xircom cards..
>
> Oh right! I actually just digged up a netgear FA410 card,
> works, but it's
> missing the dongle... and I have just been reading the dongle
> for the card
> breaks really easily.

Most dongles break easily, which is why they suck in the first place. (And that they always get lost.)

> So if they're just rebranded then the Intel one should work
> just fine with
> the xircom driver, right? I'm not entirely sure which one
> would work best!

I haven't had any problems with Xircom or Intel cards under FreeBSD, so I'd say either is a good bet in any case. If your laptop has room for a TypeIII card (and you don't need the other slot) then go for a Realport. I'm not sure how the FreeBSD support for the Realport2 cards are though, as the only Realport2 card I have is broken.

Mikael Gunnarsson