firewire cardbus recommendations?

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Apr 19 09:42:00 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:55:26AM -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Does anyone have one that they recommend for use with 5.2.1? I know
> that `man fwohci` lists workable chipsets, but I find it difficult
> to find cardbus cards that list the chipset.

I use the Ratoc Systems CBFW1. This card is based on the NEC uPD72861
chipset and is fully supported by the fwohci(4) driver.

This card in particular is good because it uses a dongle with a DC
power injector jack (for use with any generic DC power supply), a 6-pin
connector, and a 4-pin connector.

It even has a friendly picture of a dinosaur in a red bow-tie on it.

Regards,
BMS