Activating ACPI suspend on lid close?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Apr 13 11:57:39 PDT 2004

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:02:07 -0400
> From: Jesse Sheidlower <jester at panix.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>

> I'm running 5.2-CURRENT on an IBM ThinkPad T41p. Though I had
> originally had some of the problems others here have reported,
> as with USB on resume, things seems to have cleared up by now;
> I'm not sure why (perhaps something recent with ACPI support
> in CURRENT has helped).
>
> I can successfully suspend with "zzz" or "acpiconf -s 3", and
> resume by hitting the power button. But shutting the cover
> does nothing. Opening the cover, after having suspended with
> either of the above, _does_ resume, however.
>
> Is this something I need to configure somewhere, or is it
> something that will never work, or what?

Wow! I no longer see the USB failure messages after a suspend. But the
USB does not seem to be alive any more. More seriously, my Ethernet is
dead after resume. I just get device timeouts on fxp0 after resume.

The recent update to the PCI code has changed LOTS of things, but it's
clear that things are not really working, yet. Nate posted a very
interesting message to acpi@ this morning that touched on many
suspend/resume issues, so there is work being done and there is
definitely hope.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)