Dell i7500 & Suspend to Disk

Timothy Luoma freebsd at tntluoma.com
Thu Sep 25 06:20:54 PDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:27:48 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 September 2003 at 17:13:00 -0400, Timothy Luoma wrote:
>>
>>> AFAIK, 4.x only supports APM.  5.x supports ACPI and APM.  Recent Dell
>>> laptops that I've seen have ACPI-only BIOS's.
>>
>> My i7500 is 3 years old.  I've seen a couple reports online that it does
>> work so here's hoping.
>
> Let me know if you get it working.  I wasn't very successful.

I was getting my hope from <URL:
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl?action=show_laptop_detail&laptop=41>

XFree86:	1200x1024
APM:	Fully working
ACPI:	Partially working
PC-Card:	Fully working
Cardbus:	Fully working

But now I see that was for 5.0 (cardbus should have been the giveaway
there)

There is also some information about it at <URL:
http://www.afn.org/~afn01750/inspiron.html> which I confess is a bit more
than I fully understand at this point.

Joshua Malone also mentioned that it worked for him
http://www.ubergeeks.com/~jmalone/freebsdlaptops.html

Perhaps I'll ask him more about it.  Will post if I find out anything
(unless this machine is too old for anyone else to care about?)

TjL

--
Running 4.8-RELEASE on a Dell Inspiron 7500 Laptop
Dual Boot Windows XP using GAG