sleep mode and suspend to disk on VAIO PCG-550FX

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Sun Sep 21 14:04:03 PDT 2003

Wilko Bulte <wkb at freebie.xs4all.nl> probably said:
> I'm wondering how I can put my freshly-donated (thanks Michael!)
> VIA PCG-550FX into sleep mode and how to suspend it to disk.
> I had phdisk.exe format a special partition for that, but how
> does one trigger a suspend? Fn keystrokes just say 'beep' and
> nothing else ;)

Did you put the special partition within the first 8gb of the disk ?
It'll fail otherwise.

If the Fn-Fwhatever keys don't work you may have a newer model that
doesn't do APM at all (one of the reasons I stopped buying vaios) and
will have to use the (likely dodgy) ACPI support.

zzz should suspend the machine with apm, at least.

P.

--
pir