phdisk utility for VAIO

Mitsuru IWASAKI iwasaki at jp.FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 19 11:36:31 PDT 2003

> Folks,
>
> Who can help me obtaining the phdisk utility for a VAIO
> PCG550FX? I just got one donated (Thanks Michael!) but it did
> not have the recovery/utility CD with it.

If you want to create a phoenix Save to Disk partition, it would be
worth to try this:
http://www.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/apm/phformat.c

With FreeBSD installer, create a enough size slice for hibernation
and change system id to A0, then boot the system and run phformat
as root.
You don't have to boot DOS to create Save to Disk partition :)

Thanks