802.11g cards/2 questions

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Sep 19 08:03:49 PDT 2003

Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Vincent Poy <vince at oahu.WURLDLINK.NET> probably said:
>> The D-Link DWLAG520 Desktop A/B/G card for $75 which has the
>> Mini-PCI card inside that's capable of supporting the SuperA/G 108Mbps
>> from Atheros.
>
> Ooooh. Is support for this only in -CURRENT ?

Actually, I don't think the Turbo mode is currently working. See the
following post from the ath(4) driver's author on Sep 17th 2003:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/30211/match=turbo

But, yes, support is only available in -CURRENT currently. I'm waiting
for FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE, personally.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,