downgrade IBM A30p BIOS

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Sep 18 09:06:56 PDT 2003

Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> probably said:
>> Does anyone know how I can downgrade my Thinkpad's BIOS?
>
> Same way you can upgrade it - go to IBM's support site, find the right
> BIOS package, download and install it (they have install under windows
> and standalone floppy versions, usually).

Thanks. That worked.

BTW, if you own an A30p, beware the latest Aug 22 BIOS update (1.17). It
causes frequent lockups on resume from suspend. Backing down to the last
update (1.16) makes the lockups far less frequent (weekly or monthly, as
opposed to daily).

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,