wireless noob, researching solid NICs

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 18:04:14 PDT 2003

Hey all, I'm trying to get my first wireless network running in
the next week or so and am researching the different options.  I
liked the Intel option but the 2011 card is discontinued.  I
also liked the Linksys option but I'm reading about some of the
newer firmwares not being supported (>2.0?).  Can anyone
recommend a nice little PCMCIA 802.11b card that works with WEP
and is supported in 5.x?

Also how can I tell the firmware version on the Linksys WPC11
cards?  I'm looking at one right now and it looks like I'd have
to plug it in to get the firmware version (not my card though so
I can't buy/keep it if it's supported anyway...).

=====